Here is a quick view of what has been going on in my life the month of January:
- Mauldin Soccer Conditioning started January 1. I am coaching for my 4th year in a row (more about that later). We have tryouts this week and I must say, it is probably harder being on this side than being a player.
- My church hosted a simulcast of The Elephant Room, a 1-day event where 7 influential pastors gather together to discuss controversial and difficult topics facing the (C)church. Blog coming soon.
- I was in charge of food for said event so I had my first experience planning and coordinating food for over 100 people. Overall, I wasn’t really too stressed, which surprised me, but I had a lot of great people helping me.
- I am still training for a half-marathon and marathon, but my runs have been lacking. I definitely have Season Affective Disorder (SAD), though very mild, which makes it hard to run consistently in the winter. Fortunately, I have MANY running buddies who get me out of my own funk.
- Work is going really well, we will hopefully announce 2 new entrepreneurs in the next few weeks!
- A few nights ago, some of the staff got together for a night of encouragement and prayer over dinner. It was wonderful, encouraging, and humbling. I am so excited by what God is doing at Grace and cannot believe I get to be a part of it and serve with such a wonderful and incredible group of people. Sorryfortherunonbutitisalltrue. I will probably blog more about this later, until then you can read about the last leader dinner we had.
- I also hosted a mini Secret Church with some friends at another friends house. While we were all tired at the end (we began at 7pm and finished at 1am), it was very interesting and worthwhile.
- On top of all of this, I have been reading up a storm. (Now there’s a good southern expression, if I ever heard one) I sense another book review coming too, if you’re lucky.
Now hopefully you see why I haven’t blogged. No, not because I don’t have time, but if I stop for a while, there is so much more to write about in order to catch up. I know that I don’t have to, but I am genuinely excited about what is going on in my life and I want YOU to know about it! OK, so maybe it also has to do with the fact that I am sometimes OCD and I obsess over random and unimportant details. Maybe.