Since you’ve probably given up on your New Year’s resolution to eat healthy(ier), give up dessert, work out more, etc. I think it is appropriate to post 2 SUPER EASY desserts. They are absolutely delicious, terrible for you, and work great for parties. I take absolutely no credit for the recipes, nor do I remember where I got them. Good ol’ fashioned plagiarism at its finest. Cheers.
Oreo Truffles (originally called Oreo Balls, but hey, I’m a grown up now so truffles it is)
Ingredients: 1 package Oreos, 1 8oz block of cream cheese, 1 package of candy bark (I use vanilla)
- Set out cream cheese to soften.
- Crush entire package of Oreos (including icing) into fine powder-like substance.
- Combine cream cheese and Oreos in a bowl until fully mixed.
- Roll into 1 inch(ish) balls and place onto cookie sheet (I put a piece of parchment paper, aluminum foil, whatever-you-can-afford-that-is-non-stick underneath for later)
- Let cool in refrigerator 45min-1hr
- After 45 min, melt candy bark in double boiler on stove
- Dip chilled Oreo balls into melted candy bark and place on parchment paper to cool.
- VOILA. Heaven in your mouth. Insert inappropriate “balls” joke here.
Cookie Dough Dip
Ingredients: 1 8oz block cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 ½ tsp vanilla, ¼ cup butter, 1 package chocolate graham crackers (or apples, depending on how that “diet” is going)
- Let butter and cream cheese soften.
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a bowl until mixed completely.
- Combine rest of ingredients into bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Enjoy using graham crackers or apples. This recipe can easily be doubled for events such as Super Bowl Parties.*
*I doubled this recipe and used 1 block regular cream cheese and 1 block 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese, if you care.