This post is inspired by the lovely ladies on the soccer team I coach as well as many memories as a former athlete.
10. Dinner time. No one judges you if you take 2nds, or 3rds or 7ths.
9. Who doesn’t want to smell like sweat, BO, and grass?
8. No hair bows.
7. There’s nothing that says bonding like planning to massacre another team, break their spirits and make them cry.
6. Any time is game time. Athletes can turn anything into a competition.
5. You learn valuable survival skills. Any injury can be fixed with pre-wrap and tape.
4. It’s OK to drop a deuce, if ya know what I mean – as long as you’re not the person next in line.
3. It is OK to discuss said deuce on the bus. Was it good? How bad did it smell? How long did you have to evacuate the room until it was safe to re-enter? – All worthwhile discussion topics.
2. You can look like a slob and no one cares. In fact, people notice if you get new sweatpants.
1. Athletes have more fun. Period.
Do you have any other thoughts on why life is great (or not) when you hang out with athletes?