I love lists. I love crossing items off lists. For the past several years, I’ve created reading lists to motivate and challenge my reading habits. This year, I’ve decided to create and publish my personal goals for accountability because I’m crazy. The monthly goals were inspired by Joey Espinosa and his #onesmallthing goals this past year. You can read his monthly goals on his blog.
Without further ado, here are my goals for 2014.
Read at least one, 500+ page book(Bonhoeffer, May 2014)
- Read at least ½ of personal/professional list
- Only read books authored by people who have already died or biographies of people who have already died. – This one lasted about 1 month. Neither my budget nor my book collected are not large enough. yet.
- Journal 1x per week
Read Bible through in 1 year– I’ve done this several times before, but I focused on reading the Psalms last year. I want to get back to reading the entire Bible in chronological sequence.
- Pray through notecards 1x per week
1 solitude day – 8 hours per month, 1 solitude weekend (2 full days) per 6 months
- I imagine this will be one of the hardest goals I have, but probably the most rewarding.
CrossFit 3x per week Run 3x per week Run 1 marathon– October 25, 2014
- Run sub-2 hour, ½ marathon
- All of these goals tie together and I imagine if I can do one of them, I will be able to do all of them.
- Pronounce, read, write Arabic alphabet
- Complete goal per month (below)
January – Pray daily for women in Muslim nations (MENA, SEA) (Read More)
February – No personal social media
March – Write at least 1 blog post per week
April – Master double-unders – September 2014
May – Pray daily for women, children in sex trafficking
June – Pay off car loan
July – Make meal for neighbor (It wasn’t a neighbor, but I made several meals for friends in need)
August – Eat only paleo
September – Memorize 3 sequential chapters of Scripture
October – Take 1 picture every day
November – Finish buying all Christmas presents (It should be noted that my awesome sister is buying my Christmas presents for me this year. I gave her a list, but still pathetic, I know.)
December – 1000 push ups (outside CrossFit)